U-Haul Bru Ha Ha

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
      >Also, touch the bearing caps on your trailer tires every time you get
      >gas. If they are NOT cool to cold then you need to pack the more with
      >grease.

      Unless it's in the ice chest I keep in the cab, noting I take to
      Pennsic is cool to cold. ;) It is August (well, now July and August)
      after all. But still, they should not be too hot to keep your hand on.
      I used to borrow my dad's trailer and he had some sort of springloaded
      dubi on his wheel hubs that you could pump full of grease and in theory
      would keep replacing any lost wheel grease as you drove along.

      Avery
    • Dan Baker
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007
        Rofl, I had my bearing on my trailer repacked before pennsic last year.  They were fine, of course leaving pennsic last year the axle snapped in half..... but the bearings were great.  Good thing there was a tractor trailer supply store in town., only a couple hundred dollars to fix.

        Be sure you check everything on your vehicle and trailer, even if you rent.

        -Rhys

        --
      • barondevin@insightbb.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 8, 2007

          >  I used to borrow my dad's trailer and he had some sort of
          > springloadeddubi on his wheel hubs that you could pump full of
          > grease and in theory
          > would keep replacing any lost wheel grease as you drove along.

          I have those. They seem to work pretty well.

          Devin