Re: [MedievalSawdust] Before you rent U-Haul to go to Pennsic!!!!!

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 7 4:14 PM
      FYI most trailer bearings do NOT have grease Zercs and have to be taken out
      and "packed" with grease. Repack every year(unless you get a warm bearing
      on the road) two years if it only goes to Pennsic. It is not a hard job
      only ....Greasy.... I do all my tractors, baler, wagons, rake, cars and
      trailers.

      James Cunningham
      farmer but not an expert on pulling trailers

      Oh, absolutely inspect the trailer every time you stop.

      Also, touch the bearing caps on your trailer tires every time you get gas.
      If they are NOT cool to cold then you need to pack the more with grease.
      You will need a grease gun (about $20 at an auto parts store) and know how
      to use it with a grease Zerc.

      Ito crack the hub and cause the entire wheel assembly to come off. Always
      inspect the trailer at every stop, the 5 minutes you use could save a lot.
    • John LaTorre
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 8 11:37 AM
        On this thread (somewhat off-topic, I know, but people gotta haul their
        wood and stuff to Pennsic somehow), I might draw attention to an article
        I posted on my web site many moons ago, which is still relevant:

        http://midtown.net/dragonwing/col0004.htm

        --Johann von Drachenfels