Re: bed wrench

  • Alessandro dEste
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 7, 2003
      <baronconal@y...> wrote:
      > >...drive the wooden peg into place...<
      >
      > That was one of my theories....
      > thanks!

      The last rope bed I had I used for many years. The rope would need
      tightening about 4 times a season of going out every weekend. I used
      the wood peg system and the bed wrench seen in the foxfire book.
      I now use the same bed for everyday use for my oldest son(8yrs old).
      I have replaced the ropes twice in the 6 years he has used it.And I
      tighten them about 3 times a year.
      Alessandro dEste
    • Alessandro dEste
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 7, 2003
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Scott Lane <scotty@o...> wrote:

        > >Gotta get the eyes checked... on first glance I thought this said bed
        > >Wench and I didn't think we wanted to go there. :-)
        >
        > Hey, if I could make one of those in the shop I'd never leave!
        >
        > Aodhfin

        Sounds like a new merchanting ideal for Pennsic next year.

        Ad,
        Are you single or just can't find that right wench for your bed.
        Well fear not My Lords and My Ladys.
        Medievalsawdust has the answer for you in your time of need.
        Our New patented "Bed Wench" will keep the bed nice and tight for
        those long knights. "Bed Wench" a registered trade mark of
        Medievalsawdust a Yahoo group.

        IYS
        Alessandro dEste
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003

          > Sounds like a new merchanting ideal for Pennsic next
          > year.
          >
          > Ad,
          > Are you single or just can't find that right wench
          > for your bed.
          > Well fear not My Lords and My Ladys.
          > Medievalsawdust has the answer for you in your time
          > of need.
          > Our New patented "Bed Wench" will keep the bed nice
          > and tight for
          > those long knights. "Bed Wench" a registered trade
          > mark of
          > Medievalsawdust a Yahoo group.
          >
          > IYS
          > Alessandro dEste

          I'd want to make them from something other
          than red oak then......

          ....imagine the splinters....!!

          Ouch!

          =====
          Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Alessandro dEste
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 8, 2003
            <baronconal@y...> wrote:

            > I'd want to make them from something other
            > than red oak then......
            >
            > ....imagine the splinters....!!
            >
            > Ouch!
            >
            > =====