Re: Book

  • Jan-Simon Hoogschagen
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2007
      No problem.
      I noticed a typo: it should be "Thuis in de late middeleeuwen" ('At
      home in the late Middleages').
      Are you looking for anything in particular? I could make a few scans.

      Jan-Simon

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
      <bmatney@...> wrote:

      > Thank you Jan-Simon. I'll try to find a copy.
      >
      > Beth
      >
      > At 06:57 AM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
      > >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
      > ><bmatney@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Has anyone seen this book? Anything before 1600 in it?
      > > >
      > > > Title: Furniture in Holland's Golden Age
      > > > Author: BARRSEN, REINIER
      > > > Price: $57.50 (Shamansky)
      > > > ISBN: 9789086890149
      > > > numerous color photos. English text. (Rijksmuseum dossiers, 9)
      > > >
      > > > Beth Matney
      > > >

      > >Hi Beth,
      > >The Dutch Golden Age was the 17th century, Ralph pointed to that as
      > >well. I do not think you will find what you are looking for in that
      book.
      > >If you are looking for Dutch furniture before 1600 the book to look
      > >for is "Thuis de late middeleeuwen. Het Nederlands burgerinterieur,
      > >1400 - 1535" Zwolle, 1980. 203pp. It is a wonderful book with hundreds
      > >of pictures of chests, benches, cupboards, tables, cutlery, pottery,
      > >candlesticks etc. etc. All with origin and date.
      > >A few problems perhaps: there is only a Dutch language version and it
      > >is quite rare and in high demand, therefore expensive.
      > >
      > >best regards,
      > >Jan-Simon

    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13, 2007
        Thank you again. No, I'm not looking for anything in particular...
        just adding to my reference collection. My husband and I am
        interested in virtually anything wood related (post-Roman to 1600),
        from domestic artifacts to post or timber-frame building construction.

        Beth