Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Book

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13 6:16 AM
      Thank you Jan-Simon. I'll try to find a copy.

      Beth

      At 06:57 AM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
      >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
      ><bmatney@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Has anyone seen this book? Anything before 1600 in it?
      > >
      > > Title: Furniture in Holland's Golden Age
      > > Author: BARRSEN, REINIER
      > > Price: $57.50 (Shamansky)
      > > ISBN: 9789086890149
      > > numerous color photos. English text. (Rijksmuseum dossiers, 9)
      > >
      > > Beth Matney
      > >

      >Hi Beth,
      >The Dutch Golden Age was the 17th century, Ralph pointed to that as
      >well. I do not think you will find what you are looking for in that book.
      >If you are looking for Dutch furniture before 1600 the book to look
      >for is "Thuis de late middeleeuwen. Het Nederlands burgerinterieur,
      >1400 - 1535" Zwolle, 1980. 203pp. It is a wonderful book with hundreds
      >of pictures of chests, benches, cupboards, tables, cutlery, pottery,
      >candlesticks etc. etc. All with origin and date.
      >A few problems perhaps: there is only a Dutch language version and it
      >is quite rare and in high demand, therefore expensive.
      >
      >best regards,
      >Jan-Simon
    • Jan-Simon Hoogschagen
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 13 11:44 AM
        No problem.
        I noticed a typo: it should be "Thuis in de late middeleeuwen" ('At
        home in the late Middleages').
        Are you looking for anything in particular? I could make a few scans.

        Jan-Simon

        <bmatney@...> wrote:

        > Thank you Jan-Simon. I'll try to find a copy.
        >
        > Beth
        >
        > At 06:57 AM 6/13/2007, you wrote:
        > >--- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
        > ><bmatney@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Has anyone seen this book? Anything before 1600 in it?
        > > >
        > > > Title: Furniture in Holland's Golden Age
        > > > Author: BARRSEN, REINIER
        > > > Price: $57.50 (Shamansky)
        > > > ISBN: 9789086890149
        > > > numerous color photos. English text. (Rijksmuseum dossiers, 9)
        > > >
        > > > Beth Matney
        > > >

        > >Hi Beth,
        > >The Dutch Golden Age was the 17th century, Ralph pointed to that as
        > >well. I do not think you will find what you are looking for in that
        book.
        > >If you are looking for Dutch furniture before 1600 the book to look
        > >for is "Thuis de late middeleeuwen. Het Nederlands burgerinterieur,
        > >1400 - 1535" Zwolle, 1980. 203pp. It is a wonderful book with hundreds
        > >of pictures of chests, benches, cupboards, tables, cutlery, pottery,
        > >candlesticks etc. etc. All with origin and date.
        > >A few problems perhaps: there is only a Dutch language version and it
        > >is quite rare and in high demand, therefore expensive.
        > >
        > >best regards,
        > >Jan-Simon

      • Beth and Bob Matney
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 13 12:36 PM
          Thank you again. No, I'm not looking for anything in particular...
          just adding to my reference collection. My husband and I am
          interested in virtually anything wood related (post-Roman to 1600),
          from domestic artifacts to post or timber-frame building construction.

          Beth