Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Dowel history question

  • WR
    Message 1 of 4 , May 30, 2007
      Pins - used to hold one piece of wood to another, often not seen except
      for a round circle on the face of one piece of wood;

      Stretcher - round or shaped piece of wood used, for instance, between
      the legs of chairs (think "where you rest your feet when sitting on a
      bar-stool"), also known as rungs;

      Spindle - round or shaped vertical pieces, running up the back of a
      chair or from the top of the seat to the bottom of the arm.

      (and if I'm wrong, Master Will will have me sweeping out the shop for
      the next 20 years!)