[Fwd: Those Sneeky PA Troopers]

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003
      ****Please cut out my address before forwarding.****
      FYI for those driving to Pennsic War...this came
      across the local baronial list.
      No point in feeding the bears. ;)
      I'd bet the money isn't going to finish the PA roads.
      Radar guns being hidden in highway work trucks in Pa.

      HARRISBURG - State police in south-central
      Pennsylvania have begun hiding radar guns in state
      Department of Transportation work trucks as part
      of an effort to reduce speeding in construction zones.

      In its first two days, Operation
      Chameleon/Nightcrawler resulted in more than 175
      speeding tickets, said Trooper Kristal Turner-Childs,
      a state police spokeswoman.

      The hidden radar guns were first deployed Monday on
      Interstate 83 near Harrisburg. Troopers will be using
      double-cab yellow pickups, dump trucks, and foreman's vehicles.
      ****Please cut out my address before forwarding.****

      GDH Family:
      Anne and I won't be attending Pennsic this year.
      HaSan I imagine will go. Have not heard otherwise.

      Magnus