Re: [MedievalSawdust] Thrones

  • AlbionWood
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2007
      I've put up a few photos of the new West Kingdom thrones, in a folder
      named "WK Thrones." Eventually I'll get a bunch more photos put up on
      the Albion Works website, after my fingers heal.

      This was quite a project and I'm pretty happy with the results. I hope
      it's the last time I am foolish enough to specify White Oak for a
      carving project.

      I also have more detail shots of the work in progress, and will try to
      put together some "how to" pages.

      Cheers,
      Colin
    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 12, 2007
        Seems like a lot of throne work being done lately. Years ago there
        weren't many decently medievaloid thrones in the SCA - now I'm getting
        the impression there are a good number. Here's a plea for pics! I
        don't know how much space we have for photos now, but maybe we could
        clear out some room and create an album where everyone could post photos
        of their Kingdom, Principality, Baronial, etc. thrones. I'd really like
        to see what's going on in other regions!

        Colin
        off to see how many photos he can delete...
      • Su Ralston
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 13, 2007
          Caid is almost past the thinking point on having new thrones made. I'd like
          to contribute some design suggestions.

          If you kingdom has spiffy thrones (who doesn't <vweg>), could you please
          send me a link to any photos that are available.

          You can post to the list or email me privately at suralston @ sbcglobal.net
          (take out the spaces).

          Thanks,
          Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
        • AlbionWood
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 13, 2007
            Su,

            Photos of the newest West Kingdom thrones are in the Photos section of
            the Website for this group, in the folder labeled "WK Thrones." There
            are also photos of them, and a link to photos of the previous ones, here:
            http://www.albionworks.com/Thrones/WKCourt/
            There's also a link there to photos of the WK "Travelling Thrones."

            Cheers,
            Colin

            Su Ralston wrote:
            > Caid is almost past the thinking point on having new thrones made. I'd like
            > to contribute some design suggestions.
            >
            > If you kingdom has spiffy thrones (who doesn't <vweg>), could you please
            > send me a link to any photos that are available.
            >
            > You can post to the list or email me privately at suralston @ sbcglobal.net
            > (take out the spaces).
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Su of the Silver Horn, Caid