RE: [MedievalSawdust] Thrones

  • Tracy Swanson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 7 11:43 AM
      That's quarter-sawn oak, isn't it? Very nice and truly ambitious! I eagerly await seeing the pictures of the finished project.

      In Magical Service,
      Malaki

      Message 2 of 9 , May 8 8:50 AM
        I've put up a few photos of the new West Kingdom thrones, in a folder
        named "WK Thrones." Eventually I'll get a bunch more photos put up on
        the Albion Works website, after my fingers heal.

        This was quite a project and I'm pretty happy with the results. I hope
        it's the last time I am foolish enough to specify White Oak for a
        carving project.

        I also have more detail shots of the work in progress, and will try to
        put together some "how to" pages.

        Cheers,
        Colin
      • AlbionWood
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 12, 2007
          Seems like a lot of throne work being done lately. Years ago there
          weren't many decently medievaloid thrones in the SCA - now I'm getting
          the impression there are a good number. Here's a plea for pics! I
          don't know how much space we have for photos now, but maybe we could
          clear out some room and create an album where everyone could post photos
          of their Kingdom, Principality, Baronial, etc. thrones. I'd really like
          to see what's going on in other regions!

          Colin
          off to see how many photos he can delete...
        • Su Ralston
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 13, 2007
            Caid is almost past the thinking point on having new thrones made. I'd like
            to contribute some design suggestions.

            If you kingdom has spiffy thrones (who doesn't <vweg>), could you please
            send me a link to any photos that are available.

            You can post to the list or email me privately at suralston @ sbcglobal.net
            (take out the spaces).

            Thanks,
            Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
          • AlbionWood
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 13, 2007
              Su,

              Photos of the newest West Kingdom thrones are in the Photos section of
              the Website for this group, in the folder labeled "WK Thrones." There
              are also photos of them, and a link to photos of the previous ones, here:
              http://www.albionworks.com/Thrones/WKCourt/
              There's also a link there to photos of the WK "Travelling Thrones."

              Cheers,
              Colin

              Su Ralston wrote:
              > Caid is almost past the thinking point on having new thrones made. I'd like
              > to contribute some design suggestions.
              >
              > If you kingdom has spiffy thrones (who doesn't <vweg>), could you please
              > send me a link to any photos that are available.
              >
              > You can post to the list or email me privately at suralston @ sbcglobal.net
              > (take out the spaces).
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Su of the Silver Horn, Caid