Painted furniture revisited

  • Barbara Shelanskey
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2007
      So, we've spoken here before about painted furniture, but I was presented with a
      question that I was unsure of. Here is the question as it was put to me:

      "I'm planning on making a cabinet to hide the cooking stuff. I've seen
      pictures of chests where there is painting, but not other kinds of
      furniture. I've seen cabinets where there is carving, but right now carving
      is more than I know how to do. So I had thought of using painted
      decorations. Do you know if painted decoration was used in furniture other
      than chests? Several sites mention that there are traces of paint on
      furniture, but that could mean that it was painted one color, not the
      colorful design I'm imagining."

      What do you all think? My gut feeling is that yes, there would have been such
      decoration. But I've not looked into it. Does anyone have any sources that
      mention/show this sort of thing?

      Mir!

      ~Tatjana,
      Calontir

      "It's never too late to be what you might have been."

      Wolf and Tiger Woodworking has new items in stock now!
      http://www.wolfandtiger.com