Re: [MedievalSawdust] Earliest Drawer

  • Liedtke Goetz
    Message 1 of 73 , Apr 2, 2007
      --- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:

      > The full number is both..."W.29:1 to 9-1932" Everything in the
      > quotes. I do not understand their numbering scheme either!

      Thanks.

      Now that I've looked at it, I'm skeptical about its authenticity. It
      looks to much like later furniture for me not to question its origins.
      What's more, the V&A don't have any provenance for it. The final straw
      is the list of modifications made in the 18th and 19th century. I
      might understand the 19th century lining, but I don't understand the
      18th century metal knobs and feet.

      Goetz

      It's here! Your new message!
    • Liedtke Goetz