Re: [MedievalSawdust] Earliest Drawer

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 73 , Apr 1, 2007
      The full number is both..."W.29:1 to 9-1932" Everything in the
      quotes. I do not understand their numbering scheme either!

      Beth

      At 08:35 PM 4/1/2007, you wrote:
      >--- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:
      >
      > > I believe that the one you are talking about is Museum Number W.29:1
      > > to 9-1932
      >
      > I tried W.29:1-1932 and W.29:9-32. What is the correct number?
      >
      >Goetz
    • Liedtke Goetz
      Message 73 of 73 , Apr 2, 2007
        --- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:

        > The full number is both..."W.29:1 to 9-1932" Everything in the
        > quotes. I do not understand their numbering scheme either!

        Thanks.

        Now that I've looked at it, I'm skeptical about its authenticity. It
        looks to much like later furniture for me not to question its origins.
        What's more, the V&A don't have any provenance for it. The final straw
        is the list of modifications made in the 18th and 19th century. I
        might understand the 19th century lining, but I don't understand the
        18th century metal knobs and feet.

        Goetz

        It's here! Your new message!