Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Question about slat bed

  • Rebekah d'Avignon
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 26, 2007
      A good lite-router that I can recommend is the one made for Menard's under the name Tool Shop. It should retail for about $30 and uses 1/4" shaft bits. It's fine for making dadoes, mortises, and rabbets...just don't ask it to compete with a $300 router. Also Lowe's has a router/table combo for about $89, but it has to be special ordered.

      Talmoor <talmoor@...> wrote:
      > No, the plans we have don't show a pocket mortise. We are very new
      to woodworking (this being our first project), so how do you make a
      pocket mortise? My lord says a router, but we don't have one (yet), is there
      another way?
       Thanks again,
      > Mairghread & Eoghan
      > in AnTir

      Find someone nearby who has one and will let you borrow theirs, you
      can use a drill press and a forsner bit to to remove most of the
      material and then a sharp chisel to square it all up. It can also be
      done completly with a chisel and a basic set of decent chisels will
      be useful no matter what type of woodworking you do.

      Alasdair

      If I understand it correctly - American jobs are going to Mexico while Mexicans are crossing the border looking for work.

      TV dinner still cooling?