Re: [medievalsawdust] Re: Camp comfort

  • malcomhawk@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
      We have a modern camp potty (blue deodorandt type) behind curtains in our tent.  Those slanted wall pavilions really do hide a lot.  And I agree, it is excellent at two in the morning on a cold night.

      Do you thing I shoud construct one thats more period?  I can't imagine when I'd want such an item to be seen.

      Thanks
      Malcolm Hawke
      mka David Mullins

      David
      I can tell you this your Lady will love you even more if you make one
      item that is a true comfort. And is a Item that can be documented
      (Just ask Chas). Im talking about a port-a-potty.
      Chas should me a picture of one he found and We talked about it at
      lenght. I come from a background of reinacting pre 1840's and we make
      them all the time for those camping events. At two in the morning on
      a cold night your Lady will thank you ever so much for having the
      sence to do such a project. and you will thank yourself in the end.
      IYS
      Alessandro dEste

    • malcomhawk@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
        Thanks Baron Conal

        I stand corrected.  Its a good design anyway.

        Malcolm Hawke

        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

        Hi Malcolm

        Actually it's my copy of Master Charles'
        coffer chair design....

        =====
        Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
        Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

      • Alessandro dEste
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 14, 2003
          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <malcomhawk@c...> wrote:
          > We have a modern camp potty (blue deodorandt type) behind curtains
          in our tent. > Do you think I shoud construct one thats more period?
          I can't imagine when I'd want such an item to be seen.

          > Thanks
          > Malcolm Hawke
          > mka David Mullins

          I have constructed a box that is period and placed our modern potty
          inside it. I do plan on doing a period one in the future as a A&S
          project. As soon as I get the doc's in order.
          IYS
          Alessandro dEste