Re: Camp comfort

  • Alessandro dEste
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <malcomhawk@c...> wrote:
      > I've posted some pictures of my camp from Border Raids. Drink
      cooler, camp pantry, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for
      additional items that I might build to enhance our camp look.
      Comfort is paramount of course.

      > I already plan to copy Baron Conals' coffer chair design. Maybe
      with a gothic back.

      > Malcolm Hawke
      > mka David Mullins

      David
      I can tell you this your Lady will love you even more if you make one
      item that is a true comfort. And is a Item that can be documented
      (Just ask Chas). Im talking about a port-a-potty.
      Chas should me a picture of one he found and We talked about it at
      lenght. I come from a background of reinacting pre 1840's and we make
      them all the time for those camping events. At two in the morning on
      a cold night your Lady will thank you ever so much for having the
      sence to do such a project. and you will thank yourself in the end.
      IYS
      Alessandro dEste
    • malcomhawk@comcast.net

        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
          Thanks Baron Conal

          I stand corrected.  Its a good design anyway.

          Malcolm Hawke

          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

          Hi Malcolm

          Actually it's my copy of Master Charles'
          coffer chair design....

          =====
          Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
          Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

        • Alessandro dEste
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 14, 2003
            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <malcomhawk@c...> wrote:
            > We have a modern camp potty (blue deodorandt type) behind curtains
            in our tent. > Do you think I shoud construct one thats more period?
            I can't imagine when I'd want such an item to be seen.

            > Thanks
            > Malcolm Hawke
            > mka David Mullins

            I have constructed a box that is period and placed our modern potty
            inside it. I do plan on doing a period one in the future as a A&S
            project. As soon as I get the doc's in order.
            IYS
            Alessandro dEste