Re: New Robin Hood Series on BBC America

  • Jeff Johnson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
      Watching it now... Seems the usual historically-themed drama - full of
      ahistorical clothing, bad equipment and people acting like moderns.
      Little better than the Costner or Braceheart abominations.

      And, most importantly, (outside of the village set), no good
      historical woodwork. ;)

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, mmagnusol <MMagnusOL@...> wrote:

      > A new Robin Hood Series on BBC America comes on
      > Saturdays at 9-10 pm eastern standard time.
      >
      > In my area Time-Warner Cablevision carries BBCAm
      > on channel 116. Check your local area's listings.
      >
      > http://www.bbcamerica.com/
      > http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp
      >
      > On this one Robin Hood returns from the Crusades
      > to find his people put upon. So it could be the first one.
      > I saw it in week before last's TV Guide. Kevin Costner
      > is not in it. Maybe this one will be good. :-)
      >
      > Now, if you do not subscribe buy a six pack and go displace
      > your bestest buddy in his chair and take over the remote.
      >
      > Now, having told everyone else, watch me forget to watch it.
      > It was what got most of us in the reenactor interest - at least
      > us old ones.
      >
      > Magnus, OL
      > Great Barony of Windmasters' Hill [East Central NC, USA]
      > Adria, the Manx, Great Dark Horde, Archer-Antiquaries.

    • Rebekah d'Avignon
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
        Haven't seen it, but a good movie to watch might be Dragonslayer.

        Jeff Johnson <jljonsn9663@...> wrote:
        Watching it now... Seems the usual historically- themed drama - full of
        ahistorical clothing, bad equipment and people acting like moderns.
        Little better than the Costner or Braceheart abominations.

        And, most importantly, (outside of the village set), no good
        historical woodwork. ;)
        Apprentice LA
        Play the Bix.com
        faceoff to see!
        Y! Toolbar
        easy 1-click access
        to your groups.
        Yahoo! Groups
        in 3 easy steps.
        Connect with others.
        .

        Those who would bend the law ultimately find themselves strangled by it. Voyage to the City of the Dead by Allen Dean Foster

        with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.