New Robin Hood Series on BBC America

  • mmagnusol
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2007
      A new Robin Hood Series on BBC America comes on
      Saturdays at 9-10 pm eastern standard time.

      In my area Time-Warner Cablevision carries BBCAm
      on channel 116. Check your local area's listings.

      http://www.bbcamerica.com/
      http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp

      On this one Robin Hood returns from the Crusades
      to find his people put upon. So it could be the first one.
      I saw it in week before last's TV Guide. Kevin Costner
      is not in it. Maybe this one will be good. :-)

      Now, if you do not subscribe buy a six pack and go displace
      your bestest buddy in his chair and take over the remote.

      Now, having told everyone else, watch me forget to watch it.
      It was what got most of us in the reenactor interest - at least
      us old ones.

      Magnus, OL
      Great Barony of Windmasters' Hill [East Central NC, USA]
      Adria, the Manx, Great Dark Horde, Archer-Antiquaries.
    • Jeff Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
        Watching it now... Seems the usual historically-themed drama - full of
        ahistorical clothing, bad equipment and people acting like moderns.
        Little better than the Costner or Braceheart abominations.

        And, most importantly, (outside of the village set), no good
        historical woodwork. ;)

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, mmagnusol <MMagnusOL@...> wrote:

        > A new Robin Hood Series on BBC America comes on
        > Saturdays at 9-10 pm eastern standard time.
        >
        > In my area Time-Warner Cablevision carries BBCAm
        > on channel 116. Check your local area's listings.
        >
        > http://www.bbcamerica.com/
        > http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/195/index.jsp
        >
        > On this one Robin Hood returns from the Crusades
        > to find his people put upon. So it could be the first one.
        > I saw it in week before last's TV Guide. Kevin Costner
        > is not in it. Maybe this one will be good. :-)
        >
        > Now, if you do not subscribe buy a six pack and go displace
        > your bestest buddy in his chair and take over the remote.
        >
        > Now, having told everyone else, watch me forget to watch it.
        > It was what got most of us in the reenactor interest - at least
        > us old ones.
        >
        > Magnus, OL
        > Great Barony of Windmasters' Hill [East Central NC, USA]
        > Adria, the Manx, Great Dark Horde, Archer-Antiquaries.

      • Rebekah d'Avignon
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2007
          Haven't seen it, but a good movie to watch might be Dragonslayer.

          Jeff Johnson <jljonsn9663@...> wrote:
          Watching it now... Seems the usual historically- themed drama - full of
          ahistorical clothing, bad equipment and people acting like moderns.
          Little better than the Costner or Braceheart abominations.

          And, most importantly, (outside of the village set), no good
          historical woodwork. ;)
          Apprentice LA
          Play the Bix.com
          faceoff to see!
          Y! Toolbar
          easy 1-click access
          to your groups.
          Yahoo! Groups
          in 3 easy steps.
          Connect with others.
          .

          Those who would bend the law ultimately find themselves strangled by it. Voyage to the City of the Dead by Allen Dean Foster

          with theYahoo! Search weather shortcut.