Camp comfort

  • malcomhawk@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
      I've posted some pictures of my camp from Border Raids.  Drink cooler, camp pantry, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions for additional items that I might build to enhance  our camp look.  Comfort is paramount of course.

      I already plan to copy Baron Conals' coffer chair design.  Maybe with a gothic back.

      Malcolm Hawke
      mka David Mullins
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
        --- malcomhawk@... wrote:
        > I've posted some pictures of my camp from Border
        > Raids. Drink cooler, camp pantry, etc. Does anyone
        > have any suggestions for additional items that I
        > might build to enhance our camp look. Comfort is
        > paramount of course.
        >
        > I already plan to copy Baron Conals' coffer chair
        > design. Maybe with a gothic back.
        >
        > Malcolm Hawke
        > mka David Mullins

        Hi Malcolm

        Actually it's my copy of Master Charles'
        coffer chair design....

        =====
        Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
        Seneschal, Barony of Fenix

        http://sbc.yahoo.com
      • Alessandro dEste
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <malcomhawk@c...> wrote:
          > I've posted some pictures of my camp from Border Raids. Drink
          cooler, camp pantry, etc. Does anyone have any suggestions for
          additional items that I might build to enhance our camp look.
          Comfort is paramount of course.

          > I already plan to copy Baron Conals' coffer chair design. Maybe
          with a gothic back.

          > Malcolm Hawke
          > mka David Mullins

          David
          I can tell you this your Lady will love you even more if you make one
          item that is a true comfort. And is a Item that can be documented
          (Just ask Chas). Im talking about a port-a-potty.
          Chas should me a picture of one he found and We talked about it at
          lenght. I come from a background of reinacting pre 1840's and we make
          them all the time for those camping events. At two in the morning on
          a cold night your Lady will thank you ever so much for having the
          sence to do such a project. and you will thank yourself in the end.
          IYS
          Alessandro dEste
        • malcomhawk@comcast.net

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 13, 2003
              Thanks Baron Conal

              I stand corrected.  Its a good design anyway.

              Malcolm Hawke

              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 14, 2003
                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <malcomhawk@c...> wrote:
                > We have a modern camp potty (blue deodorandt type) behind curtains
                in our tent. > Do you think I shoud construct one thats more period?
                I can't imagine when I'd want such an item to be seen.

                > Thanks
                > Malcolm Hawke
                > mka David Mullins

                I have constructed a box that is period and placed our modern potty
                inside it. I do plan on doing a period one in the future as a A&S
                project. As soon as I get the doc's in order.
                IYS
                Alessandro dEste