More Norwegian Artifacts

  • McNutt Jr, William R
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
      This set doesn't have a WHOLE lot in the way of wooden artifacts, but
      there are a bunch of picture stones and a few very interesting wooden
      pieces.

      I have also heard your cries, and have reduced the size of the images
      significantly (75%). They will download faster, but you won't be able
      to see as much detail.

      I have also eschewed my title bar and navigation bar on everything
      except the index page, to leave more room for the images on the screen.

      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood/norway2006/Gotland/Gotland%20Forsnal/index.
      htm

      Master Will
      http://tech.cls.utk.edu/wood
    • Robb Schuster
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
        more pics

        --
        Halv

        Only the guy who isn't rowing has time to rock the boat. -Saunders
      • Robb Schuster
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
          ops, sorry
          was trying to forward that to my group list:)

          Halv

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
            I'm actually a little surprised there's not been more commentary, but then, we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet.  Tomorrow's posting will have benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.

            Will

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
              We're still trying to take in all the images, and
              decide where we're going to use the designs, 'can I
              make a box and carve it like that,' etc.

              And cleaning the drool off the keyboard.

              M.E.

              --- Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:

              > I'm actually a little surprised there's not been
              > more commentary, but then,
              > we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet.
              > Tomorrow's posting will have
              > benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.
              >
              > Will

              Bored stiff? Loosen up...
              http://games.yahoo.com/games/front
            • Brian D.
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                Greetings,

                As others have said -- i'm still trying to take in all
                the goodness.... If tomorrow's stuff is the "good
                stuff," i won't be able to do much else other than
                drool.....

                Thank you for posting!!!

                Arnulf

                --- Bill McNutt <mcnutt@...> wrote:

                > I'm actually a little surprised there's not been
                > more commentary, but then,
                > we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet.
                > Tomorrow's posting will have
                > benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.
                >
                > Will

                Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debate
                in the Yahoo! Answers Food & Drink Q&A.
              • Arthur Slaughter
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                  Finaly getting a chance to comment. First impression: WOW!!!!!!, Followed
                  by : Darn I wish I could get my greedy litle hands on those CDs for detailed
                  study.
                  Finnr

                  >I'm actually a little surprised there's not been more commentary, but then,
                  >we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet. Tomorrow's posting will
                  >have
                  >benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.
                  >
                  >Will

                  Win a Zune��make MSN� your homepage for your chance to win!
                  http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline
                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                    Was the download less painful?

                    Will

                    Finaly getting a chance to comment. First impression: WOW!!!!!!, Followed
                    by : Darn I wish I could get my greedy litle hands on those CDs for detailed
                    study.
                    Finnr

                    >I'm actually a little surprised there's not been more commentary, but
                    >then, we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet. Tomorrow's
                    >posting will have benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.
                    >
                    >Will

                    Win a ZuneT-make MSNR your homepage for your chance to win!
                    http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline

                    Great things are happening at Yahoo! Groups. See the new email design.
                    http://us.click.yahoo.com/lOt0.A/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/LmiolB/TM
                  • Arthur Slaughter
                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                      My Poor old antique computer is at less than a gig of storage, as soon as I
                      get my daughter's cast off back running i can save goodies with abamdon!!
                      Still Love those pictures. All kinds of Norse related items I have been
                      studying for ages.
                      Finnr

                      >From: "Bill McNutt" <mcnutt@...>
                      >To: <medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com>
                      >Subject: RE: [MedievalSawdust] More Norwegian Artifacts
                      >Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:20:12 -0500
                      >
                      >Was the download less painful?
                      >
                      >Will

                      Play Flexicon: the crossword game that feeds your brain. PLAY now for FREE.�
                      http://zone.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmtagline
                    • Johann Friedrich
                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                        I want full size images! My plan is to suck all the photo's and make my
                        own personal gallery so I don't keep going back and using your bandwidth.

                        If you provided an easy way to suck down just the images without mirroring
                        a couple levels of html pages, I would be very grateful.

                        Johann

                        On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Bill McNutt wrote:

                        > I'm actually a little surprised there's not been more commentary, but then,
                        > we're not to the "good stuff" (i.e. wood) yet. Tomorrow's posting will have
                        > benches and, I believe, some chests and pews.
                        >
                        > Will
                      • Beth and Bob Matney
                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                          Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I'm glad that you are enjoying
                          our vacation pictures. I am sorry that I cannot make copies for all of you,
                          but I'm willing to pass around a set round-robin style for those that are
                          limited in band width. If you want to participate in this, please contact
                          me via private email. If you are going to be at Gulf Wars, we will arrive
                          Wednesday evening and I will have a set with me. We will be camping with
                          the Barony of Small Gray Bear (Kingdom of Gleann Abhann).

                          And just to give credit where due: My husband, THL Dhari al-Nasir al-Mosuli
                          (mka Bob Matney) took all the photos, not me.

                          THL Beth of Walnutvale (mka Beth Matney)

                          At 02:57 PM 2/26/2007, you wrote:
                          >I want full size images! My plan is to suck all the photo's and make my
                          >own personal gallery so I don't keep going back and using your bandwidth.
                          >
                          >If you provided an easy way to suck down just the images without mirroring
                          >a couple levels of html pages, I would be very grateful.
                          >
                          >Johann
                        • Johann Friedrich
                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007
                            I've got the bandwidth for sucking down the images, but as often as I want
                            to refer back to the images, it's easier if I have a more local copy.

                            I would host a copy of the images on my server, but I'm pretty sure that
                            my outbound bandwidth is much less than Will's. Storage space shouldn't
                            be much of an issue.. looks like I still have 23G free on that machine.

                            On Mon, 26 Feb 2007, Beth and Bob Matney wrote:

                            > Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I'm glad that you are enjoying
                            > our vacation pictures. I am sorry that I cannot make copies for all of you,
                            > but I'm willing to pass around a set round-robin style for those that are
                            > limited in band width. If you want to participate in this, please contact
                            > me via private email. If you are going to be at Gulf Wars, we will arrive
                            > Wednesday evening and I will have a set with me. We will be camping with
                            > the Barony of Small Gray Bear (Kingdom of Gleann Abhann).
                            >
                            > And just to give credit where due: My husband, THL Dhari al-Nasir al-Mosuli
                            > (mka Bob Matney) took all the photos, not me.
                            >
                            > THL Beth of Walnutvale (mka Beth Matney)
                            >
                            > At 02:57 PM 2/26/2007, you wrote:
                            >> I want full size images! My plan is to suck all the photo's and make my
                            >> own personal gallery so I don't keep going back and using your bandwidth.
                            >>
                            >> If you provided an easy way to suck down just the images without mirroring
                            >> a couple levels of html pages, I would be very grateful.
                            >>
                            >> Johann

                            Ken Bowley yahoo@...
                            AKA: Herr Johann Friedrich http://www.trod.org
                          • Heath Barlin
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 26, 2007

                              I have to thank you for all these images. Very useful to me in a Viking re-enactment group.

                              I don’t mind the images being bigger. ;)

                              Cheers,

                              Heath

                              This set doesn't have a WHOLE lot in the way of wooden artifacts, but
                              there are a bunch of picture stones and a few very interesting wooden
                              pieces.

                              I have also heard your cries, and have reduced the size of the images
                              significantly (75%). They will download faster, but you won't be able
                              to see as much detail.

                              I have also eschewed my title bar and navigation bar on everything
                              except the index page, to leave more room for the images on the screen.

                              http://tech. cls.utk.edu/ wood/norway2006/ Gotland/Gotland% 20Forsnal/ index.
                              htm

                              Master Will
                              http://tech. cls.utk.edu/ wood

                            • Craig Robert Pierpont
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 27, 2007
                                Master Will,

                                I just get a "page cannot be found" error?

                                Craig Robert

                                Never Miss an Email
                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 27, 2007
                                  The url got truncated when I e-mailed it.  Go to my web site at:

                                  Click the Research button.  They are linked near the top of the Research page.