Re: [MedievalSawdust] Lemon Oil

  • Liedtke Goetz
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 14, 2007
      Folks,

      I apologize for the time delay - I started writing this back when the
      lemon oil discussion was current and then I got ill and I've just now
      gotten back to the draft.

      Back to the original question about Lemon Oil, I can relate this
      experience. My in-laws' kitchen table is an old pedestal table that
      has always been treated with lemon oil. It came from the family farm
      in Bucks County and my wife thinks it was a winter project of her
      great-great-grandfather back in 18-something-or-other (it could be
      older as the family has been living on the same farm since 1683). The
      wood is either oak or chestnut - hardwood and relatively
      course-grained. After a hundred-plus years of lemon oiling, the table
      has turned almost black and is impervious to anything spilled or left
      on its surface.

      Ray Parks