tool method link request

  • kjworz@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
      I can't put my hands on the link that shows more of these german illustrations right away:

      Does anyone know a date and link or a term I could google to find more? I beleive there was a sawyer or 2 amount them.

      Thanks

      --
      -Chris Schwartz
      Silver Spring, MD
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
        Found the name of the reference. "Mendel Housebook" c. 1435. Not as early as I hoped, but better. Haven't found the sawyer yet.

        --
        -Chris Schwartz
        Silver Spring, MD

        From: kjworz@...

      • kjworz@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 13, 2007
          And sadly... There is no fine coping-style framesaw illustrated in Mendel. A couple large framsaw for timber/pitsaw type sawing (not in a pit in this case but on scaffold. Same difference tho. I only see pits in America and England, the continent and China erected scaffold to ripsaw up timbers.) And a bucksaw style general crosscut saw (couple inch wide blade) depicted as probably used for bench work.

          I thought I saw Mendel showing a guy using a bird's mouth for pierce work.

          --
          -Chris Schwartz
          Silver Spring, MD

          From: kjworz@...