Re: Red or White Oak

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 6, 2007
      Red oak stuff is also good for giving away. :) I'm doing some
      faldstoels to give as presents at Estrella, I'm finally using some
      red oak planks that I bought before I knew better.

      YIS,
      Eirikr Mjoksiglandi
      Ashgrove, Barony of Angels, Caid

      --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Arthur Slaughter"
      <finnmacart@...> wrote:

      > White oak is one of my favorites to work with. Not only is it
      closer to
      > European oak , it is far easier to deal with. Working with wood
      on a daily
      > basis I have come to the conclusion that white oak makes lovely
      furniture
      > and red oak makes excellent firewood.
      > THL Finnr Bjornsson

    • Tracy Swanson
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 13 1:30 PM
        Alright! I finally found some shots that the server seems to like. Look under the folder "Malaki's Staff and you will see first a shot of the entire staff, then a closer shot of the purpleheart ball with all of the insets and inlays.

        In Magical Service,
        Malaki