Re: [MedievalSawdust] Red or White Oak

  • Arthur Slaughter
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 6, 2007
      White oak is one of my favorites to work with. Not only is it closer to
      European oak , it is far easier to deal with. Working with wood on a daily
      basis I have come to the conclusion that white oak makes lovely furniture
      and red oak makes excellent firewood.
      THL Finnr Bjornsson

      >THL Isaac MacDaniel wrote:
      > > I am going to make another Glastonbury chair I made the first out of
      > > pine to get the pattern down. Now I want to make one of Oak the
      > > question I have is should I use red or white oak? Which is a closer
      > > match to what they used?
      > > Thanks
      > > Isaac MacDaniel

      Awards� http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
    • Tracy Swanson
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 13, 2007
        Alright! I finally found some shots that the server seems to like. Look under the folder "Malaki's Staff and you will see first a shot of the entire staff, then a closer shot of the purpleheart ball with all of the insets and inlays.

        In Magical Service,
        Malaki