Re: Red or White Oak

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 6, 2007
      The short answer is that white oak looks more like the oak you will
      find in England. The trim in my motel room in Chichester looked just
      like American white oak to me, but it's not like I brought along a
      chunk for direct comparison.

      The long answer would list a bunch of other properties of white oak
      that make it somewhat preferable. Unfortunatly one of them is not cost
      - it's usually a bit more expensive than red.

      Avery
    • Tracy Swanson
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 13 1:30 PM
        Alright! I finally found some shots that the server seems to like. Look under the folder "Malaki's Staff and you will see first a shot of the entire staff, then a closer shot of the purpleheart ball with all of the insets and inlays.

        In Magical Service,
        Malaki