Re: Oil Extraction

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2007
      >This brings up another mental query I had. Modern "boiled" oil is
      >really not boiled, with a LOT of metal dryers, I've heard.

      I'm not sure what qualifies as "a lot". I found a reference to 0.33%
      copper, cobalt, zinc or maganese napthenate in linseed oil, but I don't
      know that any of these metals produce strongly colored salts when
      exposed to things in wood the way iron and tanic acid do.

      I'm not sure that the 0.33% is total weight to total weight or the
      weight of the metal itself to total weight.

      Avery
    • leaking pen
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2007
        for a solution, its likely a molar percentage. ie, not weight, actual
        number of particles.

        and i mean in comparison.

        --
        That which yields isn't always weak.