Re: [MedievalSawdust] Re: Before the Mast and ILL question

  • Liedtke Goetz
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 2, 2007
      --- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:

      > Get it from David Brown Books (US) 1-800-791-9354. They are selling
      > it for
      > $80. Currently they have a few slightly damaged copies for around $20
      > plus
      > shipping.
      > http://www.oxbowbooks.com/bookinfo.cfm/ID/36367

      DBBC currently has a special for "Before the Mast: Life and Death
      aboard the Mary Rose" and Geoff Egan's "Material culture in London in
      an age of transition: Tudor and Stuart period finds c. 1450 - c. 1700
      from Excavations at Riverside sites in Southwark" for a combined total
      of $100.

      Goetz Liedtke

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Bruce S. R. Lee
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 3, 2007
        In Australia the major libraries will photocopy the relevant pages of
        their books if they don't want to let the original out of their
        possession - I obtained an article from the 'Salzburgerjahrbuch'(sp?)
        on the Hatra ballista this way, but they forgot the photographic
        plates which took me years to get copies of.

        If you want the page with the trestle details I can probably wrestle
        it onto my scanner & e-mail to a safe account. Come to think of it, I
        should make a set or two to take on my next camping event.

        regards
        Brusi of Orkney
        Rowany/Lochac
        Sydney/Australia