Knife sharpening...

  • James Winkler
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 22, 2006
      ... ain't "old school" but I recently ran across one of the handiest things for putting a scarry sharp (or at least doing the prep work) for laying down a scarry sharp edge on knives...   a neighbor of mine introduced me to a thing called a "Speedy Sharp"...

      It's a "micro carbide" block on the end of a steel bar...  handy for quick touch ups.

      I work it kind of like a steel...   three strokes one side... three the other... two/two and one/one...  then test the edge.  Repeat if necessary...