stopping thieves

  • Brian Tychonski
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 20, 2006
      Oh do I know that feeling. I had all of my tools stolen almost two years ago. They even emptied out my armor bag to carry them out in. Once I bought new tools, they broke into the shed again. Both times in broad daylight. There weren't any tools in the shed, and the thought of facing both my burglar alarm and the pit bull pretty much keeps the thieves from breaking into the house. The second time around the police got a good handprint from the shed's steel door. Amazingly the van belonging to the punk who lived across the street with his parents vanished as soon as the fact that the handprint was collected was made known. I couldn't find the ad for it, but there is a manufacturer that advertises frequently in Shotgun News, that sells a unit that floods the room with OC gas. The gas takes a few hours to dissipate and leaves no residue but it sure sends them packing since it's the equivalent of catching a blast of pepper spray at close range. I want one for my new shed. This one is a LOT harder to break into than the old steel Arrow brand one.

      Brian Broadaxe