The coolest thing for the master craftsman

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2006
      The source is a bit odd, but the mechanism is awesome. Very Leonardo
      DaVinci.

      http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1730665

      YIS
      Sian
    • AlbionWood
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2006
        Greetings fellow woodwreckers,

        I'm headed off to Glasgow for a giant Celtic music festival in January,
        followed by a few days in London to do some museum photography. We've
        been to both places before and are familiar with the usual haunts. I'm
        writing to the V&A to see if I can get a closer look at some of the
        medieval furniture - hoping to settle some of the questions that have
        arisen here! So if you have any outstanding questions about
        construction, etc., that might be answered on close examination of some
        object, send them to me (or post them here).

        Among the things I intend to try to look at:

        Chest construction - floorboards in clamped-front chests (are they
        rebated, or T&G?), floors in joined panelled chests; hinge placement;
        treatment of back vs. front; interior surfacing and details; plane tracks.

        Carving - tool marks; indications of mistakes/corrections; leveling of
        ground; indications of mallet vs. pushed.

        What else would you look for?

        Cheers,
        Colin
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2006

          What else would you look for?

          Cheers,
          Colin

          Cool presents for all of us that do not get to go.

          ; )

          http://mail.yahoo.com