Re: [MedievalSawdust] Looking for Refurbished/Rustic Wood Planks

  • leaking pen
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
      my best place for old wood, goodwill or salvation army. old beat up
      furniture. strip the polish and stain, resand or scrape, and good to
      go.

      (found a birds eye maple dresser once, 15 dollars becuase the drawyer
      was cracked)

      --
      That which yields isn't always weak.
    • David Stous
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2006
        Not sure about Texas, but in Northeast Kansas and Vermont, a great source for old wood is collapsed barns.  Usually nice wide planking, well weathered, and depending on age and wood itself, can still be in good condition for furniture making.  (My mother uses to make chairs and such things out of barn board when I was growing up)

        Dafydd of Verulanium
        mka

        ========
        David Stous