Re: [MedievalSawdust] Roman chair

  • awench1@cox.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
      This looks very much like a chair my sister had in her beach house!

      Barb
      ---- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:

      =============
      I found the chair in the Roman tablet from Trier (Germany) very interesting:
      http://vindolanda.csad.ox.ac.uk/exhibition/toiletteneum.shtml

      Has anyone seen any other information for this woven (wicker) chair type?

      Beth
    • mahee of acre
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
        I have seen in several illuminations starting around 1100 numerous
        chairs that were woven chairs.

        your servant,
        mahee

        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
        <bmatney@...> wrote:

        > I found the chair in the Roman tablet from Trier (Germany) very
        interesting:
        > http://vindolanda.csad.ox.ac.uk/exhibition/toiletteneum.shtml
        >
        > Has anyone seen any other information for this woven (wicker) chair
        type?

        > Beth

      • Beth and Bob Matney
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006