Skip to search.

Re: [MedievalSawdust] Roman chair

  • Beth and Bob Matney
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
      Thanks. Have you seen anything putting these into the SCA timeframe? Plenty
      of wattle in construction and even a wicker backpack from Oseberg, but I
      haven't heard any rumors of furniture in the archeology..

      Beth

    • awench1@cox.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 22, 2006
        This looks very much like a chair my sister had in her beach house!

        Barb
        ---- Beth and Bob Matney <bmatney@...> wrote:

        =============
        I found the chair in the Roman tablet from Trier (Germany) very interesting:
        http://vindolanda.csad.ox.ac.uk/exhibition/toiletteneum.shtml

        Has anyone seen any other information for this woven (wicker) chair type?

        Beth
      • mahee of acre
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006
          I have seen in several illuminations starting around 1100 numerous
          chairs that were woven chairs.

          your servant,
          mahee

          --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, Beth and Bob Matney
          <bmatney@...> wrote:

          > I found the chair in the Roman tablet from Trier (Germany) very
          interesting:
          > http://vindolanda.csad.ox.ac.uk/exhibition/toiletteneum.shtml
          >
          > Has anyone seen any other information for this woven (wicker) chair
          type?

          > Beth

        • Beth and Bob Matney
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 29, 2006