Re: [MedievalSawdust] Book Informarion

    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
      Is anyone familiar with the book "Domestic Utensils of Wood" by Owen Evan-Thomas?  It was originally published in 1932.  I have found it available for purchase on line, but I would like to know if anyone knows the book and if it is worth ordering.

      Thank you,
      Barbara

      is this a new or used copy?  If new, where?

    • Barbara Dodge
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
        They're reprints.  Here is one of the sources:

        They want 19.95 pounds for it ($37.58 U.S. according to a currency converter I pulled up).  Another source wanted $200.00 U.S. for it!!!

        I haven't given up hope in finding a resonably priced U.S. source.

        Barb

        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
          I just realized, the $200.00 one is a used original copy of "Domestic Utensils of Wood" and can be found at:

          Barbara

        • Brian Wagner
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 22, 2006
            There is one on Amazon for $18.70...

             Þegn Hroþgar
            (Thegn Hrothgar)

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 23, 2006
              Hi
              You might want to have a look at Scappi
              "Opera di M. Bartolomeo Scappi"
              After all the dedication things it has pictures of domestic utensils (pages and pages of them) It's a period book too.

              go to...
              for the first page.
              Pages 18 to 35 have pictures

              enjoy

              Barbara Dodge <awench1@...> wrote:
              They're reprints.  Here is one of the sources:

              They want 19.95 pounds for it ($37.58 U.S. according to a currency converter I pulled up).  Another source wanted $200.00 U.S. for it!!!

              I haven't given up hope in finding a resonably priced U.S. source.

              Barb
              Is anyone familiar with the book "Domestic Utensils of Wood" by Owen Evan-Thomas?  It was originally published in 1932.  I have found it available for purchase on line, but I would like to know if anyone knows the book and if it is worth ordering.

              Thank you,
              Barbara

              is this a new or used copy?  If new, where?

              Cars: Buy and sell, news, reviews, videos and more

            • Barbara Shelanskey
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 24, 2006
                I can't seem to get to this page.

                "The page cannot be found"

                Any ideas?

                Mir!
                Tatjana

                "It's never to late to be what you might have been."

                Wolf and Tiger Woodworking is now on the web!
                http://www.wolfandtiger.com