Bee's Wax Finish (was Re: [MedievalSawdust] Bee's wax finish)

  • Dave Ordway
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2006
      I am intrigued and willing to try this.  I have many questions.  Is the Jar sealed upon mixing the ingredients?  Overnight?, does temperature matter?  I'm thinking leave it outside.  I have used BLO and bees wax as a finish in the past.  The steps I developed required a strong hand buffing with leather to work the products into the wood.  I really like the sound of formulating a paste that I can apply in one step and buff during the drying process.  More importantly, this process seems to not involve applying heat.  I like that.

      Lagerstein