RE: [MedievalSawdust] $20 Rosewood body smoothing plane at Woodcraft

  • C N Schwartz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
      Try here:

      and here's some more info:

      this is good for many handtool tips presented in an entertaining way, but a lot less on tuning woodies:

      If you are in a book buying mood, the best one I know of for tips on tuning planes is "The Handplane Book," by Garret Hack.  It has a section on woodies, obviously, but he does concentrate on metal planes.... Maybe a better book on fettling handtools, including all I ever needed to fix, tune, and use woodies, Michael Dunbar's "Restoring Tuning & Using Classic Woodworking Tools."  If you can only buy one now get the second one first.

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2006
        Coincidentally, this just came across my mailbox...

        Eoin

        Tuning Metal Bench Planes for the Rest of Us