Re: Hardwood Source (was: lastest proect and questions for the list)

  • ampcbj
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
      Barbara,
      I'm in Wilmington, NC. Seareach. I also work for Anchor Hardwoods of
      the Carolinas. For the most part, we are a custom cabinet & furniture
      shop but we do sell lumber. Mostly exotics but we do carry most of
      the domestics.
      Give me a call (910)520-6588 & let me know what you're interested in.
      If you want, we have a full shop in the back yard with all of the
      modern tools to build anything you'd want. I am also considering a
      trip to Norfolk to see Mathew of Marinus so I might be able to deliver.
      I have an open invitation to all Atlantians, hell-anyone else for that
      matter, you're welcome to crash in our extra bed & we can play in the
      shop all weekend. If it's a really big project, we'll use the shop at
      work.
      I hope this helps.
      Egill
    • ampcbj
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 2, 2006
        I have to appoologize to the list for my last email. That was supposed
        to go to her personally. It was not meant to be an add for my work
        place but the invitation stands for those interested.
        Chargrinned
        Egill
      • Avery Austringer
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2006
          I don't have the URL handy, but try Googling your state name and
          hardwood or "saw mill" or other related terms. Somewhere out there
          there is a forrestry service listing of saw mills! Sure, some of them
          probably only sell by the truckload or only sell rough milled stock,
          but you might also be able to find some uber-deals.

          Avery
        • paul
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
            I used to live in Norfolk and have many fond memory's of Yukon Lumber,
            Nice selection and the price wasn't bad. That was in the 90's though

            Paul

            Barbara Dodge wrote:

            > That's a little far for me, I'm in Norfolk, VA. My only source so far
            > has been the local Woodcraft store. There is the Yukon Lumber
            > Co. here in Norfolk, but I have yet to have the opportunity to check
            > it out.
            >
            > Does anyone know of any other sources for hardwood lumber in eastern
            > part of Virginia and North Carolina.
            >
            > Barbara
            >

            > ---

          • Barbara Dodge
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 4, 2006
              I recently discovered Yukon, but have not been able to get over there yet.  When I do, I'll let you know what they are like now.

              Barb

              .