Re: [MedievalSawdust] questions for the list

    Message 1 of 31 , Oct 1, 2006

      > ( this is not about period = right
      >

      > Shouldn't that be the default setting, and we make compromises from
      > there? I think the fact that you feel compelled to defend your choice
      > of materials indicates that you really do believe period=right.

      For the purpose of this discussion I chose to explain my decision
      which is technically different than defending it.It's a small but meaningful
      difference.

      If I had unlimited resources... money and time... ( and that counts
      maintainance time and money also ) I'd be as period as it is possible today.
      Except for the additional hidden modern comforts like coolers and soda.

    • Beth and Bob Matney
      Message 31 of 31 , Oct 28, 2006
        I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you . Ammonia is VERY toxic but
        your nose will detect it at even lower levels. It can permanently damage
        your lungs. I have worked with it professionally at chemical (fertilizer)
        plants and also vividly remember when the ammonia truck fell off the upper
        level of the I-610/US59/US75 in west Houston.. and the evacuation of the
        area (I lived nearby). All vegetation in the immediate area (including
        trees) died... as did some people. It is readily dissolvable in water and
        does degrade fairly quickly... so no long term hazard.

        I do not discourage it's use... but take appropriate precautions.

        Beth