Re: [MedievalSawdust] Metal Lathe setup - was Tannin stained hands?

  • James W. Pratt, Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 2006
      Thanks! I have a toolpost grinder but I wanted to leave the grinding to
      the very last. It does not want to shift on the back plate. It seams to
      have a lip on the back plate keep the two parts in "register". I have tried
      rotating the position to all three possible but the best is still .004. I
      have not tried unscrewing the back plate and shimming it out to make it stop
      in a different place. I do have turning dogs so I can turn between centers
      if I have to.

      James Cunningham