Cannot find a pattern

  • Nicole
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26, 2006
      Hello everyone. I am new to this list. I am looking for a patern for
      the folding X-chair with the straight legs. All the links off the main
      SCA furniture pages are bad links. I tried searching the posts here,
      but only came up with some period pictures, or the more fancy
      Glastonbury type.

      Thanks in advance
      Sian
      Ponte Alto/Atlantia
    • Chris Larsson (Hrelgar)
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
        http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/foldstool.html

        I couldn't remember where it was so I did a search for "sca charles
        make stuff" and found it!

        Chris
        --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, "Nicole" <schnauzer2@...> wrote:

        > Hello everyone. I am new to this list. I am looking for a patern for
        > the folding X-chair with the straight legs. All the links off the main
        > SCA furniture pages are bad links. I tried searching the posts here,
        > but only came up with some period pictures, or the more fancy
        > Glastonbury type.
        >
        > Thanks in advance
        > Sian
        > Ponte Alto/Atlantia

      • Nicole E. Miller
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
          Thanks Chris, but I had seen that one.  It only has 3 spokes on each leg and a foot portion. The ones I am seeing at events have 6-8 "legs" per side and are very straight sided.  I keep getting told the pattern is off the main sca web page, but the links are bad.

          Sian

          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006
            is this more what you are looking for?

            if the link does not work, check my folder in the photos
            section  for the oak foldestol photo

          • schnauzer2@cox.net
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 27, 2006

              That is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you have a pattern?

              YIS

              Sian

              ---- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:

              >is
              this more what you are looking for?

              >if the link does not work, check my folder in the photos
              >section for the oak foldestol photo
              >

              >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
              >
              >Aude Aliquid Dignum
              >'Dare Something Worthy '

              >Thanks Chris, but I had seen that one. It
              >only has 3 spokes on
              each leg and a foot portion. The ones I am seeing at events
              >have
              6-8 "legs" per side and are very straight sided. I keep getting
              >told the pattern is off the main sca web page, but the links are
              >bad.
              >

              >Sian

            • epperss
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                Try this site:

                http://www.medievalwood.org/charles/foldstool.html

                Annabelle Fitzsimmons, lurker

                --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <schnauzer2@...> wrote:

                > That is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you have a pattern?
                >
                > YIS
                > Sian
                >
                > ---- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:
                > >is this more what you are looking for?

                b=11

                > >if the link does not work, check my folder in the photos
                > >section for the oak foldestol photo
                > >

                > >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                > >
                > >Aude Aliquid Dignum
                > >'Dare Something Worthy '

                > >Thanks Chris, but I had seen that one. It
                > >only has 3 spokes on each leg and a foot portion. The ones I am
                seeing at events
                > >have 6-8 "legs" per side and are very straight sided. I keep
                getting
                > >told the pattern is off the main sca web page, but the links are
                > >bad.
                > >

                > >Sian

              • James Winkler
                Message 7 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                  As a note... inherently all of the multi-legged "x-type" stools and chairs follow an almost identical construction principle... differences occur in the shape of the arms/feet, the number of boards that compose the leg frame, length, width, etc.  While the visual design elements and proportions might vary ... the construction principles doesn't really vary.

                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 28, 2006
                    I'll work up something next week.

                  • schnauzer2@cox.net
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 29, 2006

                      I am deeply in your Excellency's debt.

                      ~Sian
                      ---- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@...> wrote:

                      I'll work up something next week.

                      > Baron
                      Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart

                      > Aude Aliquid Dignum
                      > '
                      Dare Something Worthy '

                      From: "schnauzer2@..." <schnauzer2@...>

                      That is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you have a pattern?

                      YIS

                      > Sian

                      ---- Conal O'hAirt Jim Hart <baronconal@yahoo. com> wrote:
                      > >is
                      > this more what you are looking for?
                      > >

                      > >http://ph.groups. yahoo.com/ group/medievalsa wdust/photos/
                      view/8f9d? b=11

                      > >if the link does not work,
                      check my folder in the photos

                      > >section for the oak
                      foldestol photo

                      > >Baron Conal O'hAirt / Jim Hart
                      > >
                      > >Aude Aliquid
                      Dignum

                      > >'Dare Something Worthy '

                      > >Thanks Chris, but I had
                      seen that one. It
                      > >only has 3 spokes on
                      > each leg and a
                      foot portion. The ones I am seeing at events
                      > >have
                      > 6-8
                      "legs" per side and are very straight sided. I keep getting

                      > >told the pattern is off the main sca web page, but the links are
                      > >bad.
                      >

                      > >Sian

                    • Jim Hart
                      Message 10 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                        Found my notes... they were not as clear as I remembered them to be

                        I'll play around this weekend, I wanted to try out a new jig anyway
                        for the mortices.....

                        Get back to you guys with details soon I promise!

                        Conal

                        <baronconal@...> wrote:

                        > I'll work up something next week.
                        >

                        > That is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you have a
                        pattern?

                      • Nicole E. Miller
                        Message 11 of 11 , Oct 6, 2006
                          Conal,