Re: Feast Gear chests and coffers

  • John
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2006
      Thank you one and all for your experience and opinions.
      Makes me feel that I'm on the right track. I started long ago with
      small carvings and walking sticks but life got in the way and I left
      it a long while. Joining the SCA, I found a new appreciation and
      desire for my work. Although arthritis makes it hard some days (
      makes one feel that everything in the Middle Ages was started as a 4
      X 4 ), I haven't enjoyed myself this much in a long time. Sitting
      outside on a shaving horse using a hand-made draw-knife to prepare
      legs for stools and chairs, I think that the same sun shone on
      someone doing this hundreds of years ago and I smile.

      Scrimshaw, in-the-round- carving, chip-carving or box-making using
      finger joints. I have many wanting to learn to do the same and since
      I come from a long line of teachers, I guess it's natural that after
      much reading, I have decided to start my own House, possibly even
      Shire to further the creativity and do what I truly love in good
      company. Being a people person, I have gained many tips, tricks and
      skills just talking to those interested at demos', who may not be
      interested in joining are none the less fascinated with our
      recreations.
      Soon as many of these projects are finished to my satisfaction, I'll
      post the pics for the group's critique.