cheap tools

  • Avery Austringer
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 20, 2006
      > The only place I see 100 year old tools around here is in antique
      > stores, being sold to collectors and 2x to 10x the cost of a new,
      > similar quality tool.

      To quote the bard, "Get ye to Ebay child!"

      Er, or something like that.

      Yes, the exotic Stanley planes, particularly the ones no one uses, go
      for a lot. But the common Bench planes - say a #4 through #8 - I've
      collected the whole set for what a new and improved Veritas #5 or 6
      bench plane would run me.

      Avery