Re: [MedievalSawdust] spray gun

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
      --- Rapier3971@... wrote:

      > I have an spray gun system similar to it.

      From where?

      They work
      > great for all types of
      > varnishes, stains and paint.

      > You will need a
      > compressor.

      Got a small one

      > Why do you ask?

      Curiousity, mostly. I firgured someone here
      used might have one ( or at least have an opinion )

      http://mail.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
        > > You will need a
        > > compressor.
        >
        > Got a small one

        oh darn..... Just checked the specifics on
        my compressor...

        too small....

        I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
        bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
        and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
        compressor.

        yea, that will work...... ;)

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • ampcbj
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
          > I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
          > bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
          > and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
          > compressor.
          >
          > yea, that will work...... ;)

          I just tell my wife I will save money buying/doing what I want to do.
          If I tell her I can get by with this tool, she asks what will I need
          farther down the road & then (normally)tells me to get that tool. She
          may be getting older, showing some wear & tear not to mention meaner
          than a snake... But I think I'll keep her.
          The only advise i have for sprayguns is buy extra gaskets when you buy
          the gun, strain anything to put into the hopper and keep it VERY
          clean. they tend to clog with any particle that looks big enough so
          straining & cleaning are super important. The other is the gaskets
          are soft rubber that break down in heat, crack when cold, collect
          clogging debris & only fail at the worst time.
          Egill