Re: [MedievalSawdust] spray gun

  • Rapier3971@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      I have an spray gun system similar to it. They work great for all types of varnishes, stains and paint. You will need a compressor. Why do you ask?
      Pepin de Bourgogne
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
        --- Rapier3971@... wrote:

        > I have an spray gun system similar to it.

        From where?

        They work
        > great for all types of
        > varnishes, stains and paint.

        > You will need a
        > compressor.

        Got a small one

        > Why do you ask?

        Curiousity, mostly. I firgured someone here
        used might have one ( or at least have an opinion )

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
          > > You will need a
          > > compressor.
          >
          > Got a small one

          oh darn..... Just checked the specifics on
          my compressor...

          too small....

          I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
          bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
          and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
          compressor.

          yea, that will work...... ;)

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • ampcbj
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
            > I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
            > bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
            > and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
            > compressor.
            >
            > yea, that will work...... ;)

            I just tell my wife I will save money buying/doing what I want to do.
            If I tell her I can get by with this tool, she asks what will I need
            farther down the road & then (normally)tells me to get that tool. She
            may be getting older, showing some wear & tear not to mention meaner
            than a snake... But I think I'll keep her.
            The only advise i have for sprayguns is buy extra gaskets when you buy
            the gun, strain anything to put into the hopper and keep it VERY
            clean. they tend to clog with any particle that looks big enough so
            straining & cleaning are super important. The other is the gaskets
            are soft rubber that break down in heat, crack when cold, collect
            clogging debris & only fail at the worst time.
            Egill