spray gun

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
      Anyone use this or somethigng like it?

      http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.aspx?c=2&cat=1,190,43034,20048&p=20048

      if the link won't work, try going to

      www.leevalley.com

      and searching for ' air powered spray gun '

      Comments? Thoughts?

      thinking of spraying a slightly watered down
      primer with it for itmes I'm gonna paint.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Rapier3971@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2006
        I have an spray gun system similar to it. They work great for all types of varnishes, stains and paint. You will need a compressor. Why do you ask?
        Pepin de Bourgogne
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
          --- Rapier3971@... wrote:

          > I have an spray gun system similar to it.

          From where?

          They work
          > great for all types of
          > varnishes, stains and paint.

          > You will need a
          > compressor.

          Got a small one

          > Why do you ask?

          Curiousity, mostly. I firgured someone here
          used might have one ( or at least have an opinion )

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2006
            > > You will need a
            > > compressor.
            >
            > Got a small one

            oh darn..... Just checked the specifics on
            my compressor...

            too small....

            I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
            bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
            and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
            compressor.

            yea, that will work...... ;)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • ampcbj
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 3, 2006
              > I'll just do a cost/saving analysis on buying a
              > bigger compressor vs. buying spray cans of primer
              > and lacquer to try to talk my wife into a bigger
              > compressor.
              >
              > yea, that will work...... ;)

              I just tell my wife I will save money buying/doing what I want to do.
              If I tell her I can get by with this tool, she asks what will I need
              farther down the road & then (normally)tells me to get that tool. She
              may be getting older, showing some wear & tear not to mention meaner
              than a snake... But I think I'll keep her.
              The only advise i have for sprayguns is buy extra gaskets when you buy
              the gun, strain anything to put into the hopper and keep it VERY
              clean. they tend to clog with any particle that looks big enough so
              straining & cleaning are super important. The other is the gaskets
              are soft rubber that break down in heat, crack when cold, collect
              clogging debris & only fail at the worst time.
              Egill