building

  • maf@gleichen.ca
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
      I just picked up yesterday at auction two post and beam buildings (fir beams) and cedar shiplapped plank roofs. each is 32' x 44' and I got them for $1000 for both. I'm planning on moving them to the Quad war permanent site (cleared it with the site owner) and setting them up as a great hall for people to meet in and hold classes in during wet years with an attached kitchen for my wife (she food merchants). The best part is they bolted all of the beams together instead of pegging... so it should be easier to take them down. So anyone near alberta or saskatchewan on the august long weekend in 2007 come out and have a look at the buildings.

      Mark
    • leaking pen
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
        for 1k canadian each?  nice.  fir and cedar?  ooo, you lucky littlle....

        --
        That which yields isn't always weak.
      • maf@gleichen.ca
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
          no 1K canadian for both and hey are throughing in a couple of picnic benches too... ah I love gov't surplus

          Mark

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
            --- In medievalsawdust@yahoogroups.com, <maf@...> wrote:

            > I just picked up yesterday at auction two post and beam buildings
            (fir beams) and cedar shiplapped plank roofs. each is 32' x 44' and I
            got them for $1000 for both. I'm planning on moving them to the Quad
            war permanent site (cleared it with the site owner) and setting them
            up as a great hall for people to meet in and hold classes in during
            wet years with an attached kitchen for my wife (she food merchants).
            The best part is they bolted all of the beams together instead of
            pegging... so it should be easier to take them down. So anyone near
            alberta or saskatchewan on the august long weekend in 2007 come out
            and have a look at the buildings.

            ... Well, I suspect many will be at a small event called Sept Crown.
            We had a couple people from up that way at Fight Practice last time,
            vacationing their way to Sept Crown.

            But it still sounds neat

            TTFN
            Ralg
            AnTir
          • maf@gleichen.ca
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 31, 2006
              No Ralg, August long weekend is Quad, September long weekend (ie tomorrow) is September crown. If you come up I'll hopefully have a woodworking shop on site by then... plus Stewart (who owns the site ) and a bunch of us built a 3 story castle and a few dozen structures of period styleing on site.

              Mark