Re: [MedievalSawdust] Name of the Painting

  • JBRMM266@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
      I suspect it's from a Book of Hours, and I strongly suspect it represents the Holy Family (Note the young boy gathering shavings in lower right.).

      I will make an inquiry on my Kingdom list.

      Your servant aye,
      Donal

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
        Jean Bourdichon, Les Quatre Etats de la Societe: L'Etat de travail. c.
        1500 in the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris. It's
        one of a group of four miniatures depicting the different "states" of
        society (nature, poverty, work, nobility).

        Ranulf

        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2006
          edited the home page to include this info
          so that we can all rest easy in the knowledge
          that everyone will know who painted the minature

          http://mail.yahoo.com