Name of the Painting

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 12:51 PM
      I know I've asked this before. I can't find it in the archives. What
      is the name of the painting Conal put up on the home page of this
      group? It's the one with the cabinet maker in his shop, with the linen
      fold in the front, and the lady with the flaxen on the distaff.

      Will
    • JBRMM266@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 1:48 PM
        I suspect it's from a Book of Hours, and I strongly suspect it represents the Holy Family (Note the young boy gathering shavings in lower right.).

        I will make an inquiry on my Kingdom list.

        Your servant aye,
        Donal

        I know I've asked this before.  I can't find it in the archives.  What
        is the name of the painting Conal put up on the home page of this
        group?  It's the one with the cabinet maker in his shop, with the linen
        fold in the front, and the lady with the flaxen on the distaff.

        Will

        Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Gary R. Halstead
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 1:56 PM
          Jean Bourdichon, Les Quatre Etats de la Societe: L'Etat de travail. c.
          1500 in the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Beaux-Arts in Paris. It's
          one of a group of four miniatures depicting the different "states" of
          society (nature, poverty, work, nobility).

          Ranulf

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3 2:34 PM
            edited the home page to include this info
            so that we can all rest easy in the knowledge
            that everyone will know who painted the minature

            http://mail.yahoo.com