Re: [MedievalSawdust] Pennsic

  • Helen Schultz
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
      I think maybe Chris has the best idea... rather than all of us wandering around trying to find each other, why not set up a time to gather together for a little while??  Most of the A&S tents are not used after 6pm, maybe we could just grab one and meet there some evening??  Or, meet some afternoon at the Barn.  I know I am fairly busy the latter half of each of the two weeks with my own classes, but the first halves aren't very committed yet (of course, that could change once I look closer at the class schedule <sheepish grin>).

      Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
      Middle Kingdom

      The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

    • Siegfried
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
        Barn would probably be better, since the A&S tents are specifically banned from 'personal parties' this year (that might be 'banned from scheduling them for that purpose', but I think it's meant to be 'banned' period regardless of the wording.

        For reference though, Siegfried, N22, Barony of Highland Foorde.

        Siegfried

        On 7/31/06, Helen Schultz < helen.schultz@...> wrote:
        I think maybe Chris has the best idea... rather than all of us wandering around trying to find each other, why not set up a time to gather together for a little while??  Most of the A&S tents are not used after 6pm, maybe we could just grab one and meet there some evening??  Or, meet some afternoon at the Barn.  I know I am fairly busy the latter half of each of the two weeks with my own classes, but the first halves aren't very committed yet (of course, that could change once I look closer at the class schedule <sheepish grin>).

        Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
        Middle Kingdom

        The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo

        THL Siegfried Sebastian Faust   -   http://crossbows.biz/
        Barony of Highland Foorde   -   Baronial Archery Marshal
        Kingdom of Atlantia   -   Deputy Kingdom Earl Marshal for Target Archery
        http://eliw.com/  -   http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/
      • Helen Schultz
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
          So, are the majority of us going to be at Pennsic by Sunday, Aug 13th, say around 11am or noon??  How about we all meet in the Barn for a spot of lunch together (BYO)??  I might be able to do Monday same times.

        • JBRMM266@aol.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
            Sounds like a plan!

          • logan@ebonwoulfe.com

              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006

                I’m down in the Bog, in E-24.  I camp with House Wild Rose on the Great Eastern Highway at the foot of the dam.  We’re past Clan Prechanne and right before you get to Wulf Den.  Our neigbors call us “the Rose Gate” people.

                Will

                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                  So, are we going to gather together on Monday, the 14th?? Is 11am or noon
                  better for those who want to gather??

                  I'll be there if everyone else is.

                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                    This sounds like a really nice offer (though, I don't do beer, I have nothing against anyone else drinking it)... besides, I see you carry the Madrone cookbooks (on your web site, at least... hope you have them at Pennsic, too), and I've been too lazy to write and order them <sigh>, so I'll be stopping by even if we don't use your booth for the gathering.

                    I'm off to bed... way behind in my Pennsic packing, but need my sleep!!  Someone make a decision, please... I leave on Friday for Land Grab!!

                    Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 9:04 PM

                    Howdy!

                    On Mon, Jul 31, 2006 at 10:22:00AM -0400, Bill McNutt wrote:
                    > So where is everybody camping at the Great War? I'd like to meet you guys.

                    133 Plunder Lane -- our merchant booth.

                    We have a modest amount of "function" space in our setup. We're
                    hosting the Tablet Weavers' Tea, and I could offer space to get
                    together and visit. It's not near as roomy as the barn or an
                    A&S tent, but having a beer won't cause anyone whose opinion matters
                    get the trews in a twist.

                    yours,
                    Herveus
                    herveus@radix. net | White Wolf and the Phoenix narrowwares
                    Bowie, MD, USA | http://whitewolfand phoenix.com
                    Proud member of the SCA Internet Whitewash Squad

                  • Haraldr Bassi (yahoogroups)
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 31, 2006
                      Note that the barn will be a rather busy place on Monday the 14th with
                      the A&S display in it. In addition, it wouldn't surprise me if some of
                      us will be exhibiting at the display.

                      What about Sunday the 13th?

                      Haraldr