European Bow-making book

  • rmhowe
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2003
      A book on making bows from Germany, from the Stone age to today:

      Flemming, Alrune, Wulf Hein, Jürgen Junkmanns, Boris Pantel, Holger
      Riesch,
      Achim Stegmeyer, Angelika Hörnig (Herausgeber): _Das Bogenbauer-Buch_.
      The Bow-maker's Book. European bowmaking from the stone age til now.
      Europäischer Bogenbau von der Steinzeit bis heute. Unser Vorschlag,
      24 Chapters, Many pictures, 223 pages, Hörnig, 2001, ISBN: 3980587770
      Sold previously for: EUR 49,60 / My cost was EUR 29,80 plus 10 for
      postage.
      Or $40. Presently a Euro is about a dollar.

      As I recall it includes stone age-merowingian-medieval bows' details and
      the
      techniques of using birch glue for holding things - a stone age recipe.
      Entirely in German from their only bow and arrow magazine.
      Pretty good actually.
      http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-form/ref=sr_sp_go_qs/302-0516136-9783217

      Others: This one not recommended unless you read german:
      Der gefiederte Tod. by Hagen Seehase, Ralf Krekeler
      Die Geschicte des Englischen Langbogens in den Kriegen des Mittelalters
      A Study of the English Longbow in the Wars of the Middle Ages.
      New EUR 19,80 illustrated; Unser Vorschlag; Broschiert - 246 Seiten /
      246 pages - Hörnig Erscheinungsdatum: 2001, mostly text if I recall.
      ISBN: 3980587762
      http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/3980587762.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
      http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3980587762/ref=pd_sim_dp_1/302-0516136-9783217

      These two I didn't buy:

      Praktisches Handbuch für Traditionelle Bogenschützen.
      Practical Handbook for Traditional Bowshooting.
      by Hilary Greenland, Ekkehard Höhn
      Roughly the equivalent of our books on archery.
      http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3980587703/ref=pd_sim_dp_2/302-0516136-9783217

      ' Mit dem Pfeil, dem Bogen...'. Technik der steinzeitlichen Jagd.
      With the Arrow, the Bow. Technique of the stoneage hunt.
      by Ulrich Stodiek, Harm Paulsen
      http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3895983888/ref=pd_sim_dp_4/302-0516136-9783217

      Amazon.de
      Moosacher Str. 51
      D-80809 Muenchen

      info@...
      http://www.amazon.de/
      Happened to come on the email receipt from last year today,
      been a while since I examined them.

      Master Magnus, OL, GDH, Regia
      Not to newsgroups please