Safe wood research
- Ok... safe wood stuff...Step #1: (thanks to the city of Tuscon)You can do a Google Search on 'purpleheart' and 'toxin' (at least that's what I used)... and you'll find this particular list on a variety of sites along with some other random stuff...Step #2: Note that on the above site there is a column for "potency"... the thing about toxins is that to a great degree your own personal sensitivity to them plays a big roll as to whether you view them as a minor irritant or a heath hazard. Examples: bee stings and poison ivy. Some people view this as just minor bothers (me)... some will go into anaphylactic shock and require hospitalization (at least for the bee sting... don't know if its possible for poison ivy... although m'lady requires steroid shots to get the poison ivy to dry up if she gets even a bit of it in her system).So... what I might consider 'safe' might well not apply to you... IF you've got a sensitivity issue...This is an interesting little article on woodworking hazards.--------------------Big thing... most everything you eat, breath, drink or touch is toxic to *some* degree. Your personal sensitivity can make your more or less susceptible to the effects of these toxins. The scope of the exposure can also play in... to believe that anything is *safe* is to delude yourself. Everything represents some level of danger... some dangers just have a shorter shelf life before becoming active than others.So... please check the above sites and make your own call...Chas.